Tuesday, January 11, 2011

my first day of school

bismillah..in the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

salam alaykum..

Hi y'all! I am trying to write in English from now on.. sometimes I'll write in Malay if I want to inshallah.. Actually, I was being inspired by Kak Amani, a Ph.D. post-graduate senior who shared a secret to be a successful writer. The secret is that if we want to have a smooth writing, we should always practice to write everyday even when we're bored.. so, inshallah, I hope this blog can be a platform for me to continue writing everyday =)

so here goes my journal for the spring semester of 2011. pardon me if I have grammar mistakes or whatsoever here and there.. still trying to learn.=)

alhamdulillah, Allah gave me His countless blessings, as usual, to start my school smoothly. =)
smoothly doesn't mean that everything is perfect. but everything can be perfect or smooth if we think positively..so the definition of it depends on the individual himself. (beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder) ;p

so yesterday, I promised myself whatever happens I do not want to skip my class ever again and do not want to be late for class. but I woke up late and felt really terrible about myself. teehee..
then, as I was on my way to class, I fell on the ground in front of my apartment as I wasn't noticed there's black ice. nice! there you go, Amirah. went late to class and fell..

however, alhamdulillah, not long after that, I regain my positiveness and said to myself that there's no time to regret for the past. There's still room for improvements. So, from having that day wasted for not having a good start, I managed to end it in a good way, I guess. alhamdulillah =)

I promised to myself that I will have to apologize to my proffessor / instructor if I came late to class. So, after the first lecture ended, I went to my Management professor and apologize to her. I know it was embarassing, right? I guess no student in America would do that! well, probably some would do as I did in special cases. I did that so that I will never late to class ever again. inshallah

After the class, I went to meet Enosh, the Islamic Education coordinator, to discuss about the display case reservation. Actually, I promised to meet him at 8:00am but I overslept. Alhamdulillah, he was not mad at me and reserved the display cases first. He told me that after he reserved it, other student came to reserve them as well. So, he was the first one to reserve the display cases for the Muslim Students Assoc (MSA) for next sem! wow! He's awesome! From him, I learned that we have to act fast to get the best spot, where are the best spot for display cases, how to be consistent in doing it, etc..

mashallah, I gained a lot of knowledge from him that day.. We chatted for a while before I went to buy the schedule book for this sem. I want to be more organize.inshallah. On my way to back to my apartment, I passed many places which I need to settle something, like transfering money, asking about my transcript etc that I never thought in mind to do it on that time. but mashallah, Allah is so merciful that He helped me a lot.

So, everything went smoothly and at night, I made a 'mutabaah amal' which is a schedule to keep track of our deeds in order to improve our amal. It had quite been a long time I abandoned it. so, I hope this mutabaah amal could help me perform better inshallah.. =)

I also made a 'budget book' so that I can keep track of my money.. I always forgot where I spent my money to.. So, I hope this would be a good start for me. =)

Oh yes, I have a good news to share with. ^_^

Since I am the da'wa coordinator for Muslim Students Assoc(MSA) and also the Outreach Officer for Purdue Malaysian Students Assoc(PUMSA), with 19 credit hours that I have for now, this semester will absolutely be a busy and hectic semester for me.

I quite doubt on how I am going to organize my time.
However, Allah is the All-Knower and He always helps me..yes, always..

biiznillah(with His permission), during the MSA meeting last Sunday, our President decides to make the Election on February instead of May. He want the people who will hold the position to be well prepared by the time they should. So, these new people will be taking our position and we are there to help or consult them.. This means ,it will be less burden for me inshallah.. alhamdulillahi rabbil alaminn =)

so, I think that was all for yesterday. It was a wonderful day indeed and a great start for me..
Alhamdulillah ^_^

No comments: